Estimated Arrival: Between Jul 16 and Jul 18. *ETA to USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Celestron Advanced VX Series 8" EdgeHD Go To Telescope
The innovation of the Celestron 8" EdgeHD Optical Design and the reliability of the Celestron Advanced Series VX Mount combine to offer one system that is great for the individual looking to get into astrophotography. Check out of some specs on this awesome unit below.
- Built for astrophotography, this Celestron Advanced VX telescope system comes equipped with the revolutionary 8" EdgeHD Optical Tube and a new, finely tuned Advanced Series VX Equatorial Mount.
- The Celestron Advanced Series VX Mount has a 30 lb payload which allows for the stacking of additional astrophotography accessories such as guide scopes and cameras
- Equipped with Celestron's All Star Polar Alignment & Autoguider support, this telescope is easy to set up
- The Advanced Series VX Mount has built in Permanently Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PPEC) which allows you to track through long exposures
- Enhanced motors and base castings allow the Advanced Series VX to handle greater load imbalances
- Comes with 2 Year Celestron Factory Warranty
The Celestron Advanced Series VX 8 inch EdgeHD telescope delivers amazingly flat field views of the night sky. The new Advanced VX Mount improves overall telescope performance making it a robust astroimaging platform. You will be amazed at how fast you obtain imaging results.
Celestron 8" EdgeHD Optical Tube Specifications:
- Aperture: 8"
- Optical Design: Celestron's proprietary EdgeHD Optics
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2032 mm focal length (f/10)
- 40 mm eyepiece included (51x)
- Aluminum Optical Tube
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging
- Tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- FASTAR Compatible optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging
- Visual back allows for use with 1.25" accessories
- 9 x 50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Includes dovetail rail compatible with Advanced Series VX Mount
Celestron Advanced Series VX Mount Specifications:
- Payload: 30 lb
- Tracking: Permanently Programmable Periodic Error Correction
- Tripod: 2" Stainless Steel w/ Adjustable Legs
- Saddle: Dual - Accepts CG-5 or CGE Dovetails
- Hand Controller: NexStar Plus w/ LCD Display
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds, 4 deg/sec maximum
- Tracking Modes: EQ North, EQ South, Off
- Motor Type: Low-cog DC Servo Motors w/ Encoders on Both Axes
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 1118 - 1626 mm (44 - 64")
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Alignment Procedures: 2-star, 1-star, Solar system, Quick-align, Last-align
- Software: Starry Night Special Edition
- Counterweight: One 12 lb Counterweight is included
- Tripod Weight: 18 lb
- Mount Head Weight: 17 lb
- Total Weight, Including Counterweight: 46 lb
Please Note: The AVX dual saddle is compatible with Celestron’s narrow (CG-5) dovetails, third party Vixen (V-Style) dovetails, and Celestron's larger CGE style dovetails. It is not compatible with Losmandy (D-Style) dovetails.